Foamie Pictures

I bought a packet of foam dinosaur stickers the other day on a bit of a whim. The kids have been a bit sick of late and I've been on the look-out for quiet activities for the two kids to do together. Ones that require a bit of imagination and creativity but not so much input from me.

The stickers I chose were just the shape and outline of the dinosaurs, so when the kids were using them, they not only had to think about the background in the pictures they were making with the stickers, but also the what the faces of the dinosaurs would be like.


Em, who is seven, experimented with colour and stories and also thought a lot about the detail that would be on the dinosaurs if the stickers were real pictures.



Ed, who is "going to be five" (as you can see in the pics!), thought about whether his dinosaurs would be happy, sad, angry or excited. He spent a lot of time thinking about the story he was creating in his pictures.



They both had a great time with it, talking, creating and researching.

I couldn't resist these people shaped foam stickers when I spotted them a few days later. I also bought some fine-tipped permanent markers so that it was easier to include detail.


So the fun started all over again .....

2 comments:

  1. What fun! "Ed is going to be 5" made me giggle, reminds me of my daughter who has just turned 5 - she describes herself as "barely 5" to anyone who asks! Love the little people foam stickers - I'll keep an eye out for some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Hope you find some, we did have lots of fun with them. "Barely 5" is just gorgeous - I just love the little quirks kids have that make them unique. They should be celebrated often ...
    Thanks for sharing
    Belinda x

    ReplyDelete