Keeping it Simple



I read an article today (and the many comments afterwards) that reminded me of how simple a happy life can be. It’s so easy to try to complicate things with career aspirations, mortgages, a constant barrage of info from the media on how to look better, feel better, have more and do more …




When it comes to kids, they need very little to be happy

  • lots of sleep
  • good, nutritious food served at meals spent with loved ones
  • lots of love and hugs and kisses and smiles
  • someone who listens to them and values what they have to say and do
  • simple toys and materials that encourage creativity, exploration, investigation and imagination
  • a place to feel safe and secure
  • music, books, songs and silly games

I don’t think adults are too different.

It makes you wonder how things got so complicated ……………….

What simple things make you and your little one happy?

4 comments:

  1. Just hanging out together, sitting side by side or walking to the park holding hands. Interesting link article and that so many people responded. I did a short post What makes us happy?
    http://earlyplay.blogspot.com/2011/05/what-makes-us-happy.html
    My best memories as a child were just sitting on the fence with my grandad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley. I think for most of us our best childhood memories are doing simple activities or spending time with loved ones. I bet some of your Grandad's best times were sitting on the fence with you.

    Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Belinda - needed to hear it again though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole. I think we all need to be reminded of this every now and then - I know I do.

    ReplyDelete