I read an article today (and the many comments afterwards) that reminded me of how simple a happy life can be. It’s so easy to try to complicate things with career aspirations, mortgages, a constant barrage of info from the media on how to look better, feel better, have more and do more …
When it comes to kids, they need very little to be happy
- lots of sleep
- good, nutritious food served at meals spent with loved ones
- lots of love and hugs and kisses and smiles
- someone who listens to them and values what they have to say and do
- simple toys and materials that encourage creativity, exploration, investigation and imagination
- a place to feel safe and secure
- music, books, songs and silly games
I don’t think adults are too different.
It makes you wonder how things got so complicated ……………….
What simple things make you and your little one happy?